Store Baked Potatoes
Have you ever wanted to store baked potatoes? It takes a lot of time to bake them, and it wouldn’t take any longer to bake more, but they don’t usually store well. Now you can use Spud Savor to make your baked potatoes store better, longer.
Make sure to follow these directions when you store baked potatoes using Spud Savor. Doing so will ensure they retain their proper flavor, color, and texture.
- Fill the sink with about one gallon of warm water. Make sure the sink is clean before using Spud Savor.
- Pour the ingredients from one stick pack into the water and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and place them directly into the water.
- Add enough additional water to submerge the potatoes.
- Soak the potatoes for approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and put them in a drainer or colander to dry.
- They will be dry in about 5 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in the refrigerator to store baked potatoes for future use.
- Enjoy at your leisure!
Precautions When You Store Baked Potatoes
In today’s health conscious world, potatoes are a great alternative for a healthy diet. Using Spud Savor is a great way to make potatoes quicker and easier to prepare as well. Here are some other things to remember as you prepare to store baked potatoes:
- Using larger amounts of solution will not ruin flavor, color, or make the potato inedible. However it is always recommended that you use the recommended amounts of concentrate and water to store baked potatoes.
- Over soaking potatoes also will not ruin flavor, color, or make the potato inedible. However, over soaking can make the potato lose some of its water soluble nutrients. Make sure to soak according to the recommended soak time to store baked potatoes.
- Rinse loose dirt and other particles as much as possible before baking or soaking.
- Never use hand or dish soap to clean potatoes. Soap agents can penetrate the potato skin and remain lodged in the potato even after rinsing.