Food Safety and Freshness
JPS Foods offers wholesale pricing to bulk buyers. Please click the link below to view our discounted pricing (registration required)
Veggie Crisp and Clean
JPS Foods, LLC has an easy and inexpensive solution to the shrink problem! And, we will boost your confidence in food safety!
Veggie Crisp and Clean is a dry powder with all natural ingredients. It is a blend of vitamins and minerals with a proven track record of reducing up to 99.9% bacteria such as e-coli-salmonella and listeria. It also extends the time that fruits and vegetables remain fresh, crisp and safe.
100 grocery stores who used Veggie Crisp & Clean for six weeks or more were surveyed and here are the results:
- 81% of the stores saw an improvement in the crispness, freshness and overall quality of their produce.
- 71% noticed a reduction in shrink as high as 30%
In the same survey, here are some of the comments from produce managers:
“It works, I’ve been doing produce for over 30 years and I’ve never seen anything like it”.
“I really like it, it has helped with the shelf life of my produce. I’ve also seen a reduction in shrink”.
“I love it, it works really well. I use it on everything.”
“At first, I thought it was only for organics but it worked so well I started using it on everything.”
“I use it for the sanitizing”.
“I use it and really like it. It’s especially good on tender herbs and organics”.
“I noticed the biggest difference in the poor quality produce. It’s really easy to use”.
Veggie Crisp and Clean is sold in 14 pound pails. (Please check below to see how simple it is to use.) It is an easy and fast solution to improved food safety and increased shelf life. With normal usage, Veggie Crisp and Clean will cost an average grocery store approximately $.80 cents to $1.25 per day depending on the volume of produce sold. If only one head of lettuce or one bunch of green onions were saved each day, the cost of the Veggie Crisp and Clean would be recovered.
Directions for Using Veggie Crisp and Clean
- Prep produce by removing poor quality leaves, then trim the butt ends
- Trim entire case before placing produce in the water
- Trim as little as possible
- Add 8 oz. (240 ml) of Veggie Crisp & Clean as sink is filling with warm water (92° – 97° F) (33° – 36° C)
- Fill sink with 24 gallons of water (91 liters)(1 oz. per 3 gallons of water) (30 ml to 11.3 liters)
- Place produce in sink
- Dwell time 1 to 10 minutes (refer to chart)
- Submerge or rotate the vegetables
- Remove the produce from the water and drain
- Cool in cold water or place in the cooler box
- When cooled to 38° F (3.3° C) produce can be displayed for sale
* Conditioning water may be used for multiple batches.